Volunteer application deadline:
June 27th, 2019
Volunteers must be available for the following dates:
Thursday August 22, 2019
Friday August 23, 2019
Saturday August 24, 2019
Sunday August 25, 2019
Volunteer Role Descriptions
Camp Dragonfly is seeking applications for the following volunteer roles:
Camp Counselor - responsible for small camper groups and gets involved in all camp-wide activities, leading camp wide activities
C.I.T (Counselor in Training) - CITs have the responsibilities of counselors but they are paired with camp counselors to learn the ropes! Ages 15-18, limited spots available.
Cultural Worker/ Knowledge Keeper - a First Nations, Métis, Inuit and/or Two-Spirit person who will support our Two-Spirit youth, talk to any youth as needed and lead an activity at camp and an info-session at training.
Photographer/Videographer – photograph the training and camp and create a slide show for the Community Supper, post photos online after camp.
Social worker/therapist/psychologist – lead and facilitate a support group for caregivers and parents
Nurse/ EMT/ PCP/ lifeguard/doctor - gather meds from parents and instructions at drop-off, administer any meds as needed, be on-call at camp for medical needs/ first aid.
Kitchen Team - join Dragonfly to help set up and clean up and do some meal prep!
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18 at the start of camp.
- CITS must be over the age of 15 at the start of camp.
- Volunteers will be required to get a criminal record and vulnerable persons check paid for by Camp Dragonfly.
- Returning volunteers must reapply each year and are not guaranteed a spot.
- Volunteers may stay in the same role for 3 years at which point they will 'retire' and become alumni or apply in a different role. This helps give lots of folks a chance to experience Dragonfly and builds in knowledge succession between volunteers. Exceptions may be made for difficult-to-fill roles.
- Camp prioritizes trans and gender queer volunteers.