In Person Camp 2022
We are so excited to go back to holding camp in person!
Specific dates will be released as COVID-19 guidelines are updated.
(Specific Dates for Camp Dragonfly 2022 Coming Soon)
Volunteer application deadline:
Generally, 2-3 months before camp begins.
Volunteers must be available for the following dates:
2 days of training before camp, and the 2 days that camp runs.
Volunteer Role Descriptions
Camp Dragonfly is seeking applications for the following volunteer roles:
Camp Counselor - responsible for small camper groups and gets involved in all camp-wide activities, leading camp wide activities
C.I.T (Counselor in Training) - CITs have the responsibilities of counselors but they are paired with camp counselors to learn the ropes! Ages 15-17, limited spots available.
- CITS must be over the age of 15 at the start of camp (16-17)
- Alumni campers age 14-15 can volunteer as Squires at WinterFest and the Community Dinner
Cultural Worker/ Knowledge Keeper - a First Nations, Métis, Inuit and/or Two-Spirit person who will support our Two-Spirit youth, talk to any youth as needed, lead an activity at camp and lead an information session at training.
Photographer/Videographer – photograph the training and camp and create a slide show for the Community Supper, post photos online after camp.
Social worker/therapist/psychologist – lead and facilitate a support group for caregivers and parents
Nurse/ EMT/ PCP/ lifeguard/doctor - gather meds from parents and instructions at drop-off, administer any meds as needed, be on-call at camp for medical needs/ first aid.
Kitchen Team - assist our cook!
Workshop leader - lead an activity at camp (about 1 hour)
- Volunteers must be age 18+ at the start of camp.
- Other than workshop leaders, all volunteers are at the entire camp and all of training, including a sleepover for counselors
- Volunteers will be required to get a criminal record and vulnerable persons check paid for by Camp Dragonfly.
- Returning volunteers must reapply each year and are not guaranteed a spot.
- Volunteers may stay in the same role for 3 years at which point they will 'retire' and become alumni or apply in a different role. This helps give lots of folks a chance to experience Dragonfly and builds in knowledge succession between volunteers. Exceptions may be made for difficult-to-fill roles.
- Camp prioritizes Two-spirit, trans, genderqueer, and non-binary volunteers.