Virtual Camp Summer 2021
To help keep us all safe, Camp Dragonfly will be held online this summer.
We are so excited to go back to holding camp in person soon!
Volunteer application deadline:
Monday, May 31, 2021
Volunteers must be available for the following dates:
Friday, August 20, 2021
Saturday, August 21, 2021
Volunteer Role Descriptions
Camp Dragonfly is seeking applications for the following volunteer roles:
Camp Counselor - responsible for small camper groups and gets involved in all camp-wide activities, leading camp wide activities
Social worker/therapist/psychologist – lead and facilitate a support group for caregivers and parents
Workshop leader - lead an activity at camp (about 1 hour)
- Volunteers must be age 18+ at the start of camp.
- Other than workshop leaders, all volunteers are at the entire camp and all of training.
- Volunteers will be required to get a criminal record and vulnerable persons check paid for by Camp Dragonfly.
- Returning volunteers must reapply each year and are not guaranteed a spot.
- Volunteers may stay in the same role for 3 years at which point they will 'retire' and become alumni or apply in a different role. This helps give lots of folks a chance to experience Dragonfly and builds in knowledge succession between volunteers. Exceptions may be made for difficult-to-fill roles.
- Camp prioritizes Two-spirit, trans, genderqueer, and non-binary volunteers.